Friday 10 February 2012

I Get it Mum : )

Well what a week I spent 2 days away from my wonderful children this week as i headed off to do a makaton course, The hardest thing was to walk through the door with out my precious baby in my arms, to tell the truth i was lost, poor Duke was standing at the car door waiting to be let in, and after a little persuasion was lead back into the house sad eyes looking at me.Driving off leaving my family behind was the hardest part of the next 2 days. I then started an intensive course training in Makaton, I loved every minute We were taught many signs as well teaching the signs and how to use Makaton symbols to help children with learning difficulties to learn to read. Amazing.

After my training and i was back with my wonderful little girl, we were playing with a jigsaw, it was an alperbet jigsaw and i was showing her the signs for those letters. Arrianna was taking everything in and looking at her hand trying to copy. After a while she not only learnt to stick up her thumb for her name but she was also trying to place the jigsaw pieces in the holes. I was amazed. Not bad for a an 11 month old little girl, who when born was told she will take years before she will be able to do anything. I was so chuffed with her.

1 comment:

  1. Go Arrianna, predictions are there to be proved wrong xx

    ReplyDelete